VMTurbo today announced the availability of the October 2011 update for its capacity management solution appliance, introducing Application Performance Management (APM) and multi-tenant support to fulfill specific needs of Managed Service Providers (MSPs), Hosting and Cloud providers. This version is the follow up of the August 2011 release which introduced support for Microsoft Hyper-V.
New features in this release are:
- Application Performance Management (APM), providing the ability to manage application quality of service (QoS) by tying enterprise applications with the underlying virtual infrastructure, now providing specific support for Active Directory, MS SQL and IIS Web Server, the rest is monitored as a generic guest load.
- Overhaul of the planning capability, showing a clearer view of what type of simulation is being run, and a simplified setup. It can also gauge a future work loading-level based on historical data
- Workload placement enhancements, leveraging affinity or anti affinity rules
- User role support, supporting Active Directory and custom console and dashboard layouts and views
- Support for Re-branding the console
- Business Summary Dashboards.