Citrix today announced the release of version 6.5 of its desktop and application virtualization platform XenApp.
Besides releasing XenApp 6.5, Citrix also released XenClient 2.0, XenDesktop 5.5 and new versions of the Connector for Windows and Mac.
This version provides the following new features:
- Instant App Access, by creating an ICA session immediately upon user log-in to Receiver reducing wait times for applications to application launch only. And by keeping ICA sessions active after closing last published application. Settings are configurable though.
- HDX enhancements for XenDesktop 5.5. are applicable allowing local Flash rendering over WAN connections
- Multi stream ICA, providing ICA traffice over up to four TCP/IP streams providing more granular control for Quality of Service (QoS) routing
- Enhanced desktop experience enabling support for themes, accessory apps and display of high-res wallpapers. Providing look and feel of a Windows 7 Desktop.
- Desktop Director now includes capability to assist users with application delivered by XenApp in addition to desktops delivered by XenDesktop
- The ability to create Controller of Worker roles in the XenApp Server farm, where workers sync less data resulting in fewer overall database transactions. Also providing improved process for joining a large numer of server to a XenApp farm.