In December last year, Citrix released version 5 of its Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platform XenDesktop. Now Citrix has released Service Pack 1 adding support for XenServer 5.6 Service Pack 2, Microsoft SCVMM R2 Service Pack 1 and Microsoft Hyper-V R2 Service Pack 1 and VMware vSphere 4.1 Update 1.
Besides fixing issues, Citrix XenDesktop 5 Service Pack 1 adds the following new features:
- Support for XenServer 5.6 Service Pack 2, including support for IntelliCache
- Support for Microsoft SCVMM R2 Service Pack 1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, Hyper-V 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 and Windows 7 Service Pack 1.
- Support for VMware VSphere 4.1 Update 1.
- Licensing enhancements supporting user/device licensing, managing license checkout information, and providing information that enables you to check out the least number of licenses.
- New tools to ease the migration from XenDesktop 4
- Setup wizard for leveraging Citrix Provisioning Services to provision server hosted virtual desktops in a XenDesktop 5 deployment.
- Blade power management, supporting third party plug-ins for blade servers.
Thanks to Alexander Ervik Johnsen for providing the news.