Oracle has released a white paper titled: Accelerating Deployment of Virtualized Infrastructures with the Oracle VM Blade Cluster Reference Configurations. The paper which contains 13 pages provides a reference architecture helping customers reduce the time needed for deployment and testing by providing a complete and fully tested virtualized stack.
The paper contains the following sections:
- Overview of the Oracle VM Blade Cluster Reference Configuration, detailing the reference configuration components and their key benefits
- Oracle VM, describing Oracle VM Manager, VM Server and VM Templates.
- Sun Blade 6000 Modular Systems, providing information about the Sun Blade X6270 M2 and X6275 M2 1-BbE Server Modules and the Oracle Sun Blade 6000 Ethernet Switched NEM 24p 10GbE.
- Sun ZFS Storage Appliances, with Fast I/O Throughput for Virtualized Environments and Flexibility Through Configurations Choices.
- Faster and Easier Deployment, by using Single-vendor support.
Because the components have already been tested together and are supported together, there is less risk of deployment delays or production downtime. With the ability to add compute, storage and networking resources independently, the system can be scaled in multiple dimensions to match evolving changes in demand for applications.