HyTrust made generally available version 2.1 of its access control and change management applicance for VMware virtual infrastructures. This version is an update to version 2.0 which was released in March this year.
The HyTrust Appliance is available in multiple editions, including a free Community Edition that protects up to 3 hosts.
Changes in this update:
- Support for VMware vSphere 4.1
- Integrated access control, policy and audit logging for Cisco Nexus 1000V CLI management (NX-OS command set)
- Support for complex, multi-domain Active Directory environments
- Single sign-on via Windows pass-through authentication with smart card integration
- New ESX hardening templates including VMware Hardening Guide 4.0 and (Sarbanes Oxley) SOX hardening template
- Application-level high availability (in addition to VMware HA/FT and federation)