ConVirt is an open source management console that supports Xen and KVM hypervisors. The product is offered in a free edition called ConVirt Open Source and in a paid version called ConVirt Enterprise Edition which offers additional functionality.
New features for the Enterprise Edition in version 2.0.1:
- Dynamic workload management
- Automated load balancing, using a even distribution policy or a power save policy
- VLAN configuration
- Private networks or VLANs are configured centrally and ConVirt takes care of the configuration.
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) support
- LDAP-based authentication can now be used for role based administration.
- Search for information about servers and Virtual Machines using criteria. Custom Searches can be saved and shared.