The technology, dubbed RemoteFX, extends the Remote Desktop capabilities and leverages the presence of supported GPUs on the physical servers that are used for VDI.
So far the company didn’t share much details about all the capabilities of RemoteFX 1.0, but a couple of weeks ago, during its TechEd 2010 conference, the company unveiled at least one thing: the support for generic USB redirection.
Bink.nu reports about the details:
- Allows you to redirect virtually any USB device transparently over RDP
- Support for more devices than previously
- Support for USB devices with thin clients
- No client drivers necessary
- Applications are transparent to redirected devices
- Only one session can use USB device at a time
The generic USB redirection won’t be supported on Remote Desktop Services (RDS) without RemoteFX.