Now that Office 2010 has reached the GA status and Microsoft prepares to distribute it, many customers are looking for the new Click-To-Run (CTR) version: a special edition of the productivity suite virtualized by App-V 4.6.
To simplify the evaluation, and to promote the Desktop Optimization Package (MDOP) which includes App-V, Microsoft released this week a very interesting Proof of Concept Jumpstart Kit.
The massive package (10GB) includes resources and trial versions of multiple products needed to setup and run a lab where to evaluate the migration to Office 2010 in enterprise scenarios:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit (MAP)
- Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT)
- Microsoft Office Migration and Planning Manager (OMPM)
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Windows 7 Enterprise 90-day Trial image
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
- Office 2010 with Application Virtualization
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Evaluation Edition