Mike Laverick, well-known VMware vExpert, trainer and author, just announced the release of his new book about VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) 4.0.
394 pages long, the book covers every aspect of the new VMware disaster recovery platform launched in October 2009.
Specifically, the new parts about SRM 4.0 are:
- All graphics updated to vSphere4
- All new theme of the New York and New Jersey – Protected and Recovery Site
- Replication and integration with EMC Celerra and Clariion CX3, NetApp Filers and HP Lefthand VSA
- Coverage of the new “Shared Site” configuration
- How to automate VMware SRM using the SRM SDK API
- Integrating PowerCLI scripts to the Recovery Plan
- Updated PowerCLI chapter specific to the new vSphere4 Distributed vSwitches
Like the previous one, the PDF version of this tome is completely free.