Today Dell announces a number of products and services focused on virtualization:
- a blade server, PowerEdge M905, scoring the best performance on VMware VMmark 1.1 benchmark with 11 tiles (66 virtual machines)
- the availability of Microsoft Hyper-V as preinstalled option in every PowerEdge server
- the integration between Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) 2008 and Dell OpenManage
- the integration between Citrix XenServer and the EqualLogic SANs
- the availability of new consulting services for Microsoft and VMware virtual infrastructures
But more than anything else Dell has just announce a new feature for its EqualLogic storage equipment called Auto-Snapshot Manager.
This software, available for free at the end of the month, integrates with VMware VirtualCenter (probably as a plug-in) and recognizes the VMFS, automating the snapshot of virtual machines.