Seven months from its previous release, Provision Networks finally ships the new version of its cross-platform VDI connection broker: Virtual Access Suite (VAS).
- Group-based dynamic provisioning
- Automated power management for virtual desktops (power off/on, suspend, standby, Wakeup-On LAN)
- Automated management for guest OS (log off, reset, restart, shutdown)
- Support for Microsoft Hyper-V 1.0
- Support for Virtual Iron 4.3.x
- Support for PXE Boot and LiveCD Linux clients
- Support for SmartCard login
- Support for bi-directional audio (microphone redirection)
Shortly, Provision Networks should release an additional update to include another much wanted feature: the Multimedia Redirection, which seamlessly redirects multi-media content to the client CODEC for local playback.
The virtualization.info Virtualization Industry Roadmap has been updated accordingly.