Citrix didn’t lose time after the XenSource acquisition and after winning 400 new customers in Q4 2007, it’s now working at the new version (codename Miami) of XenServer.
The first public beta is available today with some interesting improvements like:
- Update/patch management integrated in XenCenter
- Centralized logging
- Support for NIC bonding (host level) for fail-over
- Support for hot-plugging USB storage as a storage repository
- Support for Windows guest OS hot disk remove
- Support for 10Gb Ethernet NICs (Mellanox/Chelsio)
- Support for shared fibre channel storage
- Support for Windows Vista (x86 only), Red HAT Enterprise Linux 5 (both x86 and x64), Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 (both x86 and x64)
Enroll for the beta here.