Just before the end of the year PlateSpin releases a relevant minore update to its flagship product PowerConvert.
The new version 6.8 introduces some remarkable updates which clearly expose how the company is looking at Microsoft like never in the past:
- Enhanced migration (P2V Server Sync via Take Control) for Windows source OS (through live snapshot plus incremental copy of modified data during P2V conversion)
- Support for Microsoft Virtual Server R2 Service Pack 1 as destination virtualization platform
- Support for Windows Volume Shadow Service (VSS) as snapshot method
- Support for Windows 2000 Update Rollup 1 as source OS
- Support for encrypted (FIPS) virtual hard drives and partitions in Windows source OS
- Support for logical volumes (through LVM) in Linux source OS
- Bandwidth compression and throttling for block-based transfer
The virtualization.info Virtualization Industry Roadmap has been updated accordingly.