VMware has just released a bugfix update for its most popular desktop virtualization product: Workstation.
The new 6.0.1 version (build 55017) addresses some security issues and introduces support for following new operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 [host and guest, 32bit and 64bit]
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 [host and guest, 32bit and 64bit]
- openSUSE Linux 10.3 [host and guest, 32bit and 64bit]
- Turbolinux 10 Server [host and guest, 32bit and 64bit]
- Ubuntu Linux 7.04 [host and guest, 32bit and 64bit]
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.5 [host and guest, 32bit and 64bit]
- FreeBSD 6.2 [guest only, 32bit and 64bit]
VMware also released bugfixes updates for ACE and Player, both reaching version 2.0.1 (build 55017), and Server, which reaches version 1.0.4 (build 56528).
ACE 2.0.1 introduces new also features like:
- Active Directory multi-domain
Domain forests and other distributed domain topologies are supported by ACE Management Server.
- Bulk deployment of VMware Pocket ACE packages
Workstation ACE Edition has the ability to run multiple deployments from the same package at the same time using a CLI feature. Refer to the VMware ACE Administrator’s Manual for more information.
- Dynamic package lifetime configuration
You can change the package lifetime settings on managed packages. Settings can be changed before or after package creation.
Download trial version of Workstation and ACE, as well as free versions of Player and Server here.