XenSource finally releases its awaited update for XenEnterprise plaform, introducing some good capabilities for Windows guest operating systems:
- Support for virtual SMP (Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP guests OSes)
- Support for up to 8GB virtual RAM (Windows guest OSes)
- Support for iSCSI SAN
- Support for VLAN trunking
- Support for resources control (CPU, disk and network)
- Support for Windows 2000, Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 guest OSes
XenEnterprise 3.2 is available now starting from $488 for an annual subscription license per dual socket server, and $750 perpetual license per dual socket server.
Download the XenEnterprise 3.2 trial here.
You may also want to check benchmarks report about VMware ESX Server 3.0.1 vs XenEnterprise 3.2 beta comparison.
The virtualization.info Virtualization Industry Roadmap has been updated accordingly.