Softricity is expected to announce the last version of its flagship product, SoftGrid 4.0, at Microsoft Management Summit 2006, on the 24th-28th April week.
On Bob de Kousemaeker’s blog appeared a brief list of main upcoming features:
- Virtual services support
- Automatic detection of all file types associated with applications
- 100%+ faster virtualization
- Active Upgrade™
- Hierarchical application organization and group management
- One-click configuration portability
- Policy-based central management
- Support for hundreds of virtual applications on tens of hundreds of desktops
- Integrated with Windows management infrastructure in general and MMC in particular
SoftGrid could also win the Best of MMS award as reported by GRID today, being selected as a finalist.
Thanks to Thincomputing.net for the news.