An anonymous virtualization.info reader reported a Google cached page linking a VMware France page for the highly expected VMware Server.
I removed his link for problems with my blog template but took a screenshoot of Google cache:
- Virtual SMP support (note that there is no experimental adjective)
- Intel Virtual Technology (VT) experimental support
- 64bit support (I imagine both hostOS and guestOS)
VMware Server will gradually replace GSX Server which will disappear (even from Support) within 2 years.
With this move VMware does three strategic moves in one:
- reaffirms itself once again as the first virtualization technologies provider, spreading virtualization culture everywhere and gaining as much loyal customers and enthusiasts fans as possible before Microsoft launches Windows Hypervisor
- revamps interest in its less sold product, GSX Server (actually snub for ESX Server)
- indirectly increases ESX Server selling opportunities (since there will be a discounted price for GSX customers asking to migrate)