XenApp 6.5 Connector for Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager was released in March of this year after a collaboration project between Citrix and Microsoft lasted several months, with the aim of extend Configuration Manager range of control outside domain-joined machines to other devices including Linux, iOS and Android leveraging on the XenApp Connector itself and Citrix Receiver capabilities.
With the XenApp Connector, administrators can:
- Orchestrate the process of deploying applications to XenApp servers, farms, and worker groups from within the Configuration Manager console, both directly for traditionally managed farms, as well as for streamed farms when used in conjunction with Provisioning Services
- Extend the Configuration Manager user-centric and rules-based application delivery capabilities to deliver applications to users in the most appropriate manner for the device they are using: MSI, App-V, or XenApp
- Enable user self-service of XenApp hosted applications from both Receiver and the System Center Application Catalog
- Ensure high availability by optionally leveraging the Power and Capacity Management Concentrator to gracefully orchestrate the deployment of applications and software updates while minimizing downtime for users
Now Citrix announced, through its official blog, the release of the first service pack that delivers the following improvements:
- Improved configuration Wizard to help administrators better select a Configuration Manager Maintenance Window during which all software is deployed to the XenApp Server
- Enable forward compatibility with future versions of the connector
- Updated group policy console to support the latest XenApp Feature Pack &Connector
- Fixed key bugs raised by customers
- Enable in-place upgrade of the XenApp 6.5 Connector to XenApp 6.5 Connector (SP1)
You can download the update at the following link.
blog comments powered by Disqus
virtualization.info Newest articles
November 22nd, 2016
Encryption of virtual machines is something that has been requested for years by the security community. VMware continued to postpone its implementation due to the negative operational impact that many…
November 1st, 2016
In September 2012 Dell announced to have completed the acquisition of Quest Software, a Californian company with an history in systems management, security, business intelligence and, falling back in our…
October 21st, 2016
Citrix announced its financial results for third quarter 2016.
The revenues for the second quarter were $841 million for an increase of 3% compared to Q3 2015.
Net income was $132…
October 19th, 2016
2016 edition of VMworld US has been quite turbulent, on the other hand during VMworld Europe, happening these days in Barcelona, the company announced a few more products for the…
October 18th, 2016
Log Insight is a log aggregation, management and analisys tool, that VMware first introduced in 2013 and now is usually compared with Splunk.
Yesterday VMware announced Log Insight’s new major…
October 13th, 2016
Yesterday Microsoft announced the general availability of Windows Server 2016 which the company defines as a cloud-ready OS.
Beside fancy definitions, one of the most relevant perks of this release…
September 22nd, 2016
During Oracle OpenWorld 2016 the company released version 3.4.2 of its enterprise virtualization solution.
Oracle VM is available for both x86 and SPARC based processor architectures and uses the Xen hypervisor…
September 1st, 2016
Today was the last day of VMware’s flagship conference VMworld in Las Vegas, an highly controversial edition which left a good chunk of the audience disoriented if not properly disappointed….
August 11th, 2016
Last week Gartner updated its Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) for the year 2016. The Magic Quadrant for the year 2015 was released in May last year…
August 2nd, 2016
Ansible is one of the four main players in the automation market, younger then the well known Chef and Puppet, has been launched in 2013 in Durham, N.C. and acquired…
July 19th, 2016
Yesterday IBM announced its results for Q2 2016.
If we compare with the same quarter in 2015 earnings per share, from continuing operations, decreased 22%. Net income, from continuing operations,…
June 24th, 2016
Red Hat announced its financial results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2017.
Total revenue for the first quarter was $568 million, with an increase of 18% from the…
June 24th, 2016
Today Red Hat released in beta version 4.0 of its KVM-based virtualization platform Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV).
As a major release RHEV 4.0 ships a wide series of enhancements including:
June 21st, 2016
virtualization.info has been following WhatMatrix since its inception and, after 6 months since the website has been launched, we are happy to report that its community is growing and contributing…