XenApp 6.5 Connector for Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager was released in March of this year after a collaboration project between Citrix and Microsoft lasted several months, with the aim of extend Configuration Manager range of control outside domain-joined machines to other devices including Linux, iOS and Android leveraging on the XenApp Connector itself and Citrix Receiver capabilities.
With the XenApp Connector, administrators can:
- Orchestrate the process of deploying applications to XenApp servers, farms, and worker groups from within the Configuration Manager console, both directly for traditionally managed farms, as well as for streamed farms when used in conjunction with Provisioning Services
- Extend the Configuration Manager user-centric and rules-based application delivery capabilities to deliver applications to users in the most appropriate manner for the device they are using: MSI, App-V, or XenApp
- Enable user self-service of XenApp hosted applications from both Receiver and the System Center Application Catalog
- Ensure high availability by optionally leveraging the Power and Capacity Management Concentrator to gracefully orchestrate the deployment of applications and software updates while minimizing downtime for users
Now Citrix announced, through its official blog, the release of the first service pack that delivers the following improvements:
- Improved configuration Wizard to help administrators better select a Configuration Manager Maintenance Window during which all software is deployed to the XenApp Server
- Enable forward compatibility with future versions of the connector
- Updated group policy console to support the latest XenApp Feature Pack &Connector
- Fixed key bugs raised by customers
- Enable in-place upgrade of the XenApp 6.5 Connector to XenApp 6.5 Connector (SP1)
You can download the update at the following link.
blog comments powered by Disqus
virtualization.info Newest articles
July 19th, 2016
Yesterday IBM announced its results for Q2 2016.
If we compare with the same quarter in 2015 earnings per share, from continuing operations, decreased 22%. Net income, from continuing operations,…
June 24th, 2016
Red Hat announced its financial results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2017.
Total revenue for the first quarter was $568 million, with an increase of 18% from the…
June 24th, 2016
Today Red Hat released in beta version 4.0 of its KVM-based virtualization platform Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV).
As a major release RHEV 4.0 ships a wide series of enhancements including:
June 21st, 2016
virtualization.info has been following WhatMatrix since its inception and, after 6 months since the website has been launched, we are happy to report that its community is growing and contributing…
June 21st, 2016
DockerCon 2016 began yesterday in Seattle with a number of announcements from Docker and key partners.
Here is a quick summary of the day:
Docker 1.12 with built-in orchestration: starting…
June 14th, 2016
Yesterday, Bellevue (WA) based company WinDocks, released a free edition of its homonymous port of the Docker daemon to Windows called WinDocks Community Edition.
The company, founded by a small…
May 12th, 2016
Containers’ security is one of the emerging topics in those companies moving this technology into production. A few small players emerged to compete exclusively in this portion of the…
May 3rd, 2016
RightScale is a Santa Barbara, CA based company, provider of a Software as a Service (SaaS) management solution that so far only supported standard Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud…
April 5th, 2016
Yesterday, Bellevue (WA) based company WinDocks, released version 1.0 of its homonymous Docker engine for Windows.
The company, founded by a small group of former Microsoft’s employees, rides Docker’s…
March 17th, 2016
LANDesk Software, founded in 1985 and headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah , provides systems management, security management, service management, asset management and process management solutions with a strong focus…
March 15th, 2016
Last week open source giant Red Hat announced the availability of version 3.6 of its KVM-based virtualization platform Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV).
While this new release provides the expected…
March 4th, 2016
Yesterday Docker announced to have acquired a semi-stealth startup called Conductant, focused on workloads orchestration.
Both Conductant’s founders, Bill Farner and David Chung, have significant enterprise experience coming from…
March 1st, 2016
Today Cisco announced the intent to acquire CliQr Technologies Inc., a privately held company based in San Jose, CA.
CliQr is one of the most promising startups in the Cloud…
February 11th, 2016
Yesterday VMware announced version 7 of both its vCloud and vRealize suites, confirming its efforts to be relevant in the CMPs (Cloud Management Platforms) space.
vRealize Suite 7 is made…