XenApp 6.5 Connector for Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager was released in March of this year after a collaboration project between Citrix and Microsoft lasted several months, with the aim of extend Configuration Manager range of control outside domain-joined machines to other devices including Linux, iOS and Android leveraging on the XenApp Connector itself and Citrix Receiver capabilities.
With the XenApp Connector, administrators can:
- Orchestrate the process of deploying applications to XenApp servers, farms, and worker groups from within the Configuration Manager console, both directly for traditionally managed farms, as well as for streamed farms when used in conjunction with Provisioning Services
- Extend the Configuration Manager user-centric and rules-based application delivery capabilities to deliver applications to users in the most appropriate manner for the device they are using: MSI, App-V, or XenApp
- Enable user self-service of XenApp hosted applications from both Receiver and the System Center Application Catalog
- Ensure high availability by optionally leveraging the Power and Capacity Management Concentrator to gracefully orchestrate the deployment of applications and software updates while minimizing downtime for users
Now Citrix announced, through its official blog, the release of the first service pack that delivers the following improvements:
- Improved configuration Wizard to help administrators better select a Configuration Manager Maintenance Window during which all software is deployed to the XenApp Server
- Enable forward compatibility with future versions of the connector
- Updated group policy console to support the latest XenApp Feature Pack &Connector
- Fixed key bugs raised by customers
- Enable in-place upgrade of the XenApp 6.5 Connector to XenApp 6.5 Connector (SP1)
You can download the update at the following link.
blog comments powered by Disqus
virtualization.info Newest articles
April 5th, 2016
Yesterday, Bellevue (WA) based company WinDocks, released version 1.0 of its homonymous Docker engine for Windows.
The company, founded by a small group of former Microsoft’s employees, rides Docker’s…
March 17th, 2016
LANDesk Software, founded in 1985 and headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah , provides systems management, security management, service management, asset management and process management solutions with a strong focus…
March 15th, 2016
Last week open source giant Red Hat announced the availability of version 3.6 of its KVM-based virtualization platform Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV).
While this new release provides the expected…
March 4th, 2016
Yesterday Docker announced to have acquired a semi-stealth startup called Conductant, focused on workloads orchestration.
Both Conductant’s founders, Bill Farner and David Chung, have significant enterprise experience coming from…
March 1st, 2016
Today Cisco announced the intent to acquire CliQr Technologies Inc., a privately held company based in San Jose, CA.
CliQr is one of the most promising startups in the Cloud…
February 11th, 2016
Yesterday VMware announced version 7 of both its vCloud and vRealize suites, confirming its efforts to be relevant in the CMPs (Cloud Management Platforms) space.
vRealize Suite 7 is made…
February 11th, 2016
Platform9 solutions leverages a mix of SaaS and on premises Virtual Appliance to provide into supported environments capabilities typical of Cloud Management Platforms (CMPs) such self-service provisioning, monitoring, configuration…
February 10th, 2016
Log Insight is a log aggregation, management and analisys tool, that VMware first introduced in 2013 and now is fiercely competing against Splunk.
Today the company announced Log Insight 3.3…
February 1st, 2016
During Ignite 2015, back in September, Microsoft announced Microsoft Azure Stack as the building block for its hybrid cloud strategy.
What Microsoft is saying with this move is that, despite…
January 14th, 2016
Ansible is an IT automation tool especially popular within the developers’ community, thanks to its simplicity and agentless nature.
Three months away from its acquisition by Red Hat the company announced…
December 23rd, 2015
Nutanix is a provider of converged infrastructure, basically a physical server containing both compute and storage driven by an Installed Hypervisor of choice, this server, called a node can…
December 23rd, 2015
Last week VMware finally completed the first major update of VMware vRealize Suite, its well known cloud management solution, releasing in GA both vRealize Automation 7 and vRealize Business Standard…
December 15th, 2015
virtualization.info has been following Virtualization Matrix since its early steps and we recently wrote about its crowdsourced-powered heir: WhatMatrix.
Today we are happy to report that its community, formed…
November 18th, 2015
As you may have heard, Microsoft recently announced its “historical” partnership with Red Hat, something that a number of analysts already claimed as a milestone for both companies but especially for…