Oracle integrates latest versions of Oracle VDI and Sun Ray Software with Oracle Enterprise Manager.
Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c is aiming to become the single vendor desktop virtualization solution as now includes integration of Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.5 and Sun Ray Software 5.4.
Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure now supports Windows 8 and Ubuntu 12.0.4. based virtual desktops, Oracle Linux 6 and Oracle Solaris 1.1. , among the new features there is the ability to scale production installations from a single server to an enterprise deployment, adding as many servers as needed.
Sun Ray Clients connect to Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure or Sun Ray Software and provides high-performance video and audio and high security, should consume little power, and providing investment protection with a long product lifespan.
Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c is going to combine management of the full Oracle stack with complete enterprise cloud lifecycle management. This product would have to give total cloud control, reduce downtime by up to 90%, Oracle declares that is going to improve staff productivity by up to 75% and reduce capital expenditures on servers by 20% or more.
Improvements highlighted include:
- Enhanced management: Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c integration provides an end-to-end management solution, allowing organizations to improve service levels by proactively monitoring and managing the performance and availability of Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Sun Ray Software services and sessions, along with their enterprise applications and hardware, from a single console.
- Simplified deployment and easy scalability: Administrators can seamlessly expand up to enterprise-scale deployments by starting with a single commodity server, containing all the necessary components engineered to work together, including a virtualization platform, local storage and session management. By leveraging a new local storage high availability feature, administrators simply add hardware to extend capacity as demand grows, without the need to “rip and replace” the existing deployment.
- Improved handling of virtual desktop data: The personal hard drive feature of Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, which allows administrators to separate user data and settings from virtual desktop images, has been enhanced to support pre-populating user data when new virtual desktops are created, improving login performance and simplifying backups. A new “application hard drive” type reduces server load by storing just a single copy of applications used by many users.
- Administrative enhancements: Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure administrators can now schedule the time and date when new virtual desktop templates are published, allowing for unattended updates during off-peak hours.
- Richer user experience: Dynamic virtual desktop resizing and rotation improves usability of virtual desktops on iPad and Android tablets. The new releases also provide enhanced multimedia playback for Windows 7 desktop environments with up to 720p High Definition (HD) video in Windows Media Player on Sun Ray 3 Series Client devices.
- Improved security: New IPsec option provides encryption levels up to AES-256, securing communication between Sun Ray Clients and Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Sun Ray Software servers. Linux-based deployments now provide smart card capabilities for Windows virtual desktops, including two factor authentication, PIN login, and identity and signature services.
blog comments powered by Disqus
virtualization.info Newest articles
April 5th, 2016
Yesterday, Bellevue (WA) based company WinDocks, released version 1.0 of its homonymous Docker engine for Windows.
The company, founded by a small group of former Microsoft’s employees, rides Docker’s…
March 17th, 2016
LANDesk Software, founded in 1985 and headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah , provides systems management, security management, service management, asset management and process management solutions with a strong focus…
March 15th, 2016
Last week open source giant Red Hat announced the availability of version 3.6 of its KVM-based virtualization platform Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV).
While this new release provides the expected…
March 4th, 2016
Yesterday Docker announced to have acquired a semi-stealth startup called Conductant, focused on workloads orchestration.
Both Conductant’s founders, Bill Farner and David Chung, have significant enterprise experience coming from…
March 1st, 2016
Today Cisco announced the intent to acquire CliQr Technologies Inc., a privately held company based in San Jose, CA.
CliQr is one of the most promising startups in the Cloud…
February 11th, 2016
Yesterday VMware announced version 7 of both its vCloud and vRealize suites, confirming its efforts to be relevant in the CMPs (Cloud Management Platforms) space.
vRealize Suite 7 is made…
February 11th, 2016
Platform9 solutions leverages a mix of SaaS and on premises Virtual Appliance to provide into supported environments capabilities typical of Cloud Management Platforms (CMPs) such self-service provisioning, monitoring, configuration…
February 10th, 2016
Log Insight is a log aggregation, management and analisys tool, that VMware first introduced in 2013 and now is fiercely competing against Splunk.
Today the company announced Log Insight 3.3…
February 1st, 2016
During Ignite 2015, back in September, Microsoft announced Microsoft Azure Stack as the building block for its hybrid cloud strategy.
What Microsoft is saying with this move is that, despite…
January 14th, 2016
Ansible is an IT automation tool especially popular within the developers’ community, thanks to its simplicity and agentless nature.
Three months away from its acquisition by Red Hat the company announced…
December 23rd, 2015
Nutanix is a provider of converged infrastructure, basically a physical server containing both compute and storage driven by an Installed Hypervisor of choice, this server, called a node can…
December 23rd, 2015
Last week VMware finally completed the first major update of VMware vRealize Suite, its well known cloud management solution, releasing in GA both vRealize Automation 7 and vRealize Business Standard…
December 15th, 2015
virtualization.info has been following Virtualization Matrix since its early steps and we recently wrote about its crowdsourced-powered heir: WhatMatrix.
Today we are happy to report that its community, formed…
November 18th, 2015
As you may have heard, Microsoft recently announced its “historical” partnership with Red Hat, something that a number of analysts already claimed as a milestone for both companies but especially for…