Oracle integrates latest versions of Oracle VDI and Sun Ray Software with Oracle Enterprise Manager.
Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c is aiming to become the single vendor desktop virtualization solution as now includes integration of Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.5 and Sun Ray Software 5.4.
Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure now supports Windows 8 and Ubuntu 12.0.4. based virtual desktops, Oracle Linux 6 and Oracle Solaris 1.1. , among the new features there is the ability to scale production installations from a single server to an enterprise deployment, adding as many servers as needed.
Sun Ray Clients connect to Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure or Sun Ray Software and provides high-performance video and audio and high security, should consume little power, and providing investment protection with a long product lifespan.
Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c is going to combine management of the full Oracle stack with complete enterprise cloud lifecycle management. This product would have to give total cloud control, reduce downtime by up to 90%, Oracle declares that is going to improve staff productivity by up to 75% and reduce capital expenditures on servers by 20% or more.
Improvements highlighted include:
- Enhanced management: Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c integration provides an end-to-end management solution, allowing organizations to improve service levels by proactively monitoring and managing the performance and availability of Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Sun Ray Software services and sessions, along with their enterprise applications and hardware, from a single console.
- Simplified deployment and easy scalability: Administrators can seamlessly expand up to enterprise-scale deployments by starting with a single commodity server, containing all the necessary components engineered to work together, including a virtualization platform, local storage and session management. By leveraging a new local storage high availability feature, administrators simply add hardware to extend capacity as demand grows, without the need to “rip and replace” the existing deployment.
- Improved handling of virtual desktop data: The personal hard drive feature of Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, which allows administrators to separate user data and settings from virtual desktop images, has been enhanced to support pre-populating user data when new virtual desktops are created, improving login performance and simplifying backups. A new “application hard drive” type reduces server load by storing just a single copy of applications used by many users.
- Administrative enhancements: Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure administrators can now schedule the time and date when new virtual desktop templates are published, allowing for unattended updates during off-peak hours.
- Richer user experience: Dynamic virtual desktop resizing and rotation improves usability of virtual desktops on iPad and Android tablets. The new releases also provide enhanced multimedia playback for Windows 7 desktop environments with up to 720p High Definition (HD) video in Windows Media Player on Sun Ray 3 Series Client devices.
- Improved security: New IPsec option provides encryption levels up to AES-256, securing communication between Sun Ray Clients and Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Sun Ray Software servers. Linux-based deployments now provide smart card capabilities for Windows virtual desktops, including two factor authentication, PIN login, and identity and signature services.
blog comments powered by Disqus
virtualization.info Newest articles
November 18th, 2015
As you may have heard, Microsoft recently announced its “historical” partnership with Red Hat, something that a number of analysts already claimed as a milestone for both companies but especially for…
October 16th, 2015
Today Red Hat announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Ansible, provider of an IT automation tool popular especially within the developers’ community.
The acquisition is rumored…
October 12th, 2015
Dell today announced that it signed a definitive agreement to acquire EMC Corporation for a total of $67 billion, making it the largest ever acquisition in the technology industry so…
October 2nd, 2015
Red Hat announced its financial results for the second quarter of fiscal year 2016.
Total revenue for the second quarter ended Augus 31, 2015 was $504 million, with an increase…
September 21st, 2015
Citrix on its website announced that it started the End-of-Life process of Citrix XenClient Enterprise, the end of life date will be December 12, 2016.
XenClient consists of two technologies,…
September 9th, 2015
Altaro Software, company specialized in backup for virtualized environments, specifically Microsoft Hyper-V, announced the release of Altaro VM Backup, previously known as Altaro Hyper-V Backup, rebranded to introduce VMware…
September 9th, 2015
CloudPhysics, provider of a SaaS performance and capacity analytics solution, announced to have released a new version of its SaaS offering allowing now VMware users to preempt and eliminate…
September 2nd, 2015
During its annual VMworld conference held between August 30 and September 3 in San Fransicso VMware made several announcements. During the keynote on Monday several data center related announcements and…
August 25th, 2015
VMware today released version 12 of its type-2 client hypervisor products for Microsoft Windows: Workstation Pro and Player and version 8 of its client hypervisor products for Mac OSX: Fusion….
August 25th, 2015
Veeam today released version 8.0 of its Management Pack for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM or OpsMgr). Using this Management Pack customers running Operations Manager to monitor vSphere and…
August 24th, 2015
Oracle has released version 5.0 of its type-2 virtualization platform VM VirtualBox. Starting with a public beta in April this year and some more test builds and a release candidate…
August 19th, 2015
Microsoft today announced the release of the 3rd technical preview of the next version of its Server Operating System (Windows Server 2016 TP3) and corresponding management software (System Center…
August 19th, 2015
We quoted several times Virtualization Matrix, the website created to compare the capabilities of the various virtualization platforms on the market such VMware, Microsoft and Citrix.
This idea sparked…
August 18th, 2015
Microsoft has released version 4.0. of its Integration Services for Linux. Hyper-V supports both emulated (“legacy”) and Hyper-V-specific (“synthetic”) devices for Linux virtual machines. When a Linux virtual machine…