Oracle integrates latest versions of Oracle VDI and Sun Ray Software with Oracle Enterprise Manager.
Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c is aiming to become the single vendor desktop virtualization solution as now includes integration of Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.5 and Sun Ray Software 5.4.
Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure now supports Windows 8 and Ubuntu 12.0.4. based virtual desktops, Oracle Linux 6 and Oracle Solaris 1.1. , among the new features there is the ability to scale production installations from a single server to an enterprise deployment, adding as many servers as needed.
Sun Ray Clients connect to Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure or Sun Ray Software and provides high-performance video and audio and high security, should consume little power, and providing investment protection with a long product lifespan.
Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c is going to combine management of the full Oracle stack with complete enterprise cloud lifecycle management. This product would have to give total cloud control, reduce downtime by up to 90%, Oracle declares that is going to improve staff productivity by up to 75% and reduce capital expenditures on servers by 20% or more.
Improvements highlighted include:
- Enhanced management: Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c integration provides an end-to-end management solution, allowing organizations to improve service levels by proactively monitoring and managing the performance and availability of Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Sun Ray Software services and sessions, along with their enterprise applications and hardware, from a single console.
- Simplified deployment and easy scalability: Administrators can seamlessly expand up to enterprise-scale deployments by starting with a single commodity server, containing all the necessary components engineered to work together, including a virtualization platform, local storage and session management. By leveraging a new local storage high availability feature, administrators simply add hardware to extend capacity as demand grows, without the need to “rip and replace” the existing deployment.
- Improved handling of virtual desktop data: The personal hard drive feature of Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, which allows administrators to separate user data and settings from virtual desktop images, has been enhanced to support pre-populating user data when new virtual desktops are created, improving login performance and simplifying backups. A new “application hard drive” type reduces server load by storing just a single copy of applications used by many users.
- Administrative enhancements: Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure administrators can now schedule the time and date when new virtual desktop templates are published, allowing for unattended updates during off-peak hours.
- Richer user experience: Dynamic virtual desktop resizing and rotation improves usability of virtual desktops on iPad and Android tablets. The new releases also provide enhanced multimedia playback for Windows 7 desktop environments with up to 720p High Definition (HD) video in Windows Media Player on Sun Ray 3 Series Client devices.
- Improved security: New IPsec option provides encryption levels up to AES-256, securing communication between Sun Ray Clients and Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Sun Ray Software servers. Linux-based deployments now provide smart card capabilities for Windows virtual desktops, including two factor authentication, PIN login, and identity and signature services.
blog comments powered by Disqus
virtualization.info Newest articles
July 30th, 2015
On July 28 Citrix disclosed that Mark Templeton, the company CEO, has plans to retire after over 20 years of service, an unexpected news that drew attention on the next…
July 30th, 2015
Citrix announced its financial results for second quarter 2015.
The revenues for the second quarter were $797 million for an increase of 2% compared to Q2 2014.
Net income was $103…
July 24th, 2015
VMware released the results about its results for Q2 2015.
VMware, announced a GAAP total revenue growth of $1.52 billion, for an increase of 4 percent compared to Q2 2014. License revenues…
July 21st, 2015
Gartner released its Magic Quadrant for x86 Server Virtualization Infrastructure for year 2015, once more positioning VMware and Microsoft in the leaders Quadrant.
No surprises in the leaders quadrant, as…
July 21st, 2015
Parallels announced the availability of Parallels Mac Management 4.0 for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), extending its range of capabilities to Mac computers.
This new release increases the flexibility…
July 10th, 2015
On July 8, Avast Software, a Czech private limited company provider of antivirus and security software products announced to have acquired Silicon Valley based Remotium, a company founded in…
July 8th, 2015
Oracle has announced to have released version 5.0 Candidate 1 (RC1) for its virtualization platform VM VirtualBox. The release brings enhancement and bug fixes to the previous versions, improving stability…
July 1st, 2015
Containers continue to gain traction, IBM announced the release of enterprise class containers based on Docker and built on its Platform as a Service, Bluemix for hybrid environments. It will…
July 1st, 2015
The Xen Project, the community which develops the Xen hypervisor under the GNU General Public License (GPLv2) announced the availability of a new maintenance release, version 4.5.1 of the Xen…
June 29th, 2015
Last week, Red Hat held its premiere event in Boston, Massachusetts from June 23 to 26, the Red Hat Summit, where several announcements have been made.
The summit offered over…
June 29th, 2015
Network virtualization is one of the hot topics within the OpenStack community. Last week japanese startup Midokura focused on network virtualization announced the assignment of Takashi Yamamoto as OpenStack…
June 24th, 2015
On June 18 Red Hat announced its financial results for its fiscal year 2016 and for the first quarter of 2015.
Total revenue for the first quarter ended May 31,…
June 11th, 2015
Rancher Labs is a startup providing management on top of the Docker containers, today the company has announced that it has raised $10 million in a series A funding…
May 26th, 2015
EMC has acquired Virtustream, a Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provider originally funded among the others from SAP for 1.2 billion US dollars. Virtustream also provides a Cloud Management Platform…