Oracle has released version 3.2 of its enterprise virtualization solution. Oracle has rebranded the until now separate releases of Oracle VM Server for x86 and Oracle VM Server for SPARC into a new combined release Oracle VM. From this release forward Oracle VM Manager can now manage both Oracle VM server running on x86 and VM Server running on SPARC based servers.
Version 3.2 provides the following new features:
- Ability to manage both VM Server for x86 as VM Server for SPARC from VM Manager
- Ability to deploy assemblies and templates on Oracle VM Server for SPARC. (already available for x86)
- Support for using MySQL as the repository
- Create non-clustered server pools with up to 64 servers when using NFS based storage
- Support for up to 160 physical CPUs and 4 TB of memory on x86
- Support for 128 vCPUs and 2 TB of memory for guest VMs
- Multipath support for iSCSI
- 10 GbE Network Performance improvements
- Latest versions of the Xen Hypervisor and Oracle Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel (UEK)
- Oracle VM Manager Command Line Interface (CLI) using SSH
- Health monitoring tab, reporting about the health of pools, servers and virtual machines
- Heartbeat interval tuning when using clustering
- SNMP Support
- Monitor and control of recurring operations
- NTP Management
- Ability to send a message into a Oracle VM guest using the VM guest additions
- Serial Console Access to guest VM
- VM auto placement on startup, depending on resource availability
- Object tagging, Search and Filter in VM Manager
- Multi-select for parrallel and bulk operations.
blog comments powered by Disqus
virtualization.info Newest articles
July 19th, 2016
Yesterday IBM announced its results for Q2 2016.
If we compare with the same quarter in 2015 earnings per share, from continuing operations, decreased 22%. Net income, from continuing operations,…
June 24th, 2016
Red Hat announced its financial results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2017.
Total revenue for the first quarter was $568 million, with an increase of 18% from the…
June 24th, 2016
Today Red Hat released in beta version 4.0 of its KVM-based virtualization platform Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV).
As a major release RHEV 4.0 ships a wide series of enhancements including:
June 21st, 2016
virtualization.info has been following WhatMatrix since its inception and, after 6 months since the website has been launched, we are happy to report that its community is growing and contributing…
June 21st, 2016
DockerCon 2016 began yesterday in Seattle with a number of announcements from Docker and key partners.
Here is a quick summary of the day:
Docker 1.12 with built-in orchestration: starting…
June 14th, 2016
Yesterday, Bellevue (WA) based company WinDocks, released a free edition of its homonymous port of the Docker daemon to Windows called WinDocks Community Edition.
The company, founded by a small…
May 12th, 2016
Containers’ security is one of the emerging topics in those companies moving this technology into production. A few small players emerged to compete exclusively in this portion of the…
May 3rd, 2016
RightScale is a Santa Barbara, CA based company, provider of a Software as a Service (SaaS) management solution that so far only supported standard Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud…
April 5th, 2016
Yesterday, Bellevue (WA) based company WinDocks, released version 1.0 of its homonymous Docker engine for Windows.
The company, founded by a small group of former Microsoft’s employees, rides Docker’s…
March 17th, 2016
LANDesk Software, founded in 1985 and headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah , provides systems management, security management, service management, asset management and process management solutions with a strong focus…
March 15th, 2016
Last week open source giant Red Hat announced the availability of version 3.6 of its KVM-based virtualization platform Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV).
While this new release provides the expected…
March 4th, 2016
Yesterday Docker announced to have acquired a semi-stealth startup called Conductant, focused on workloads orchestration.
Both Conductant’s founders, Bill Farner and David Chung, have significant enterprise experience coming from…
March 1st, 2016
Today Cisco announced the intent to acquire CliQr Technologies Inc., a privately held company based in San Jose, CA.
CliQr is one of the most promising startups in the Cloud…
February 11th, 2016
Yesterday VMware announced version 7 of both its vCloud and vRealize suites, confirming its efforts to be relevant in the CMPs (Cloud Management Platforms) space.
vRealize Suite 7 is made…