Oracle has released version 3.2 of its enterprise virtualization solution. Oracle has rebranded the until now separate releases of Oracle VM Server for x86 and Oracle VM Server for SPARC into a new combined release Oracle VM. From this release forward Oracle VM Manager can now manage both Oracle VM server running on x86 and VM Server running on SPARC based servers.
Version 3.2 provides the following new features:
- Ability to manage both VM Server for x86 as VM Server for SPARC from VM Manager
- Ability to deploy assemblies and templates on Oracle VM Server for SPARC. (already available for x86)
- Support for using MySQL as the repository
- Create non-clustered server pools with up to 64 servers when using NFS based storage
- Support for up to 160 physical CPUs and 4 TB of memory on x86
- Support for 128 vCPUs and 2 TB of memory for guest VMs
- Multipath support for iSCSI
- 10 GbE Network Performance improvements
- Latest versions of the Xen Hypervisor and Oracle Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel (UEK)
- Oracle VM Manager Command Line Interface (CLI) using SSH
- Health monitoring tab, reporting about the health of pools, servers and virtual machines
- Heartbeat interval tuning when using clustering
- SNMP Support
- Monitor and control of recurring operations
- NTP Management
- Ability to send a message into a Oracle VM guest using the VM guest additions
- Serial Console Access to guest VM
- VM auto placement on startup, depending on resource availability
- Object tagging, Search and Filter in VM Manager
- Multi-select for parrallel and bulk operations.
blog comments powered by Disqus
virtualization.info Newest articles
February 1st, 2016
During Ignite 2015, back in September, Microsoft announced Microsoft Azure Stack as the building block for its hybrid cloud strategy.
What Microsoft is saying with this move is that, despite…
January 14th, 2016
Ansible is an IT automation tool especially popular within the developers’ community, thanks to its simplicity and agentless nature.
Three months away from its acquisition by Red Hat the company announced…
December 23rd, 2015
Nutanix is a provider of converged infrastructure, basically a physical server containing both compute and storage driven by an Installed Hypervisor of choice, this server, called a node can…
December 23rd, 2015
Last week VMware finally completed the first major update of VMware vRealize Suite, its well known cloud management solution, releasing in GA both vRealize Automation 7 and vRealize Business Standard…
December 15th, 2015
virtualization.info has been following Virtualization Matrix since its early steps and we recently wrote about its crowdsourced-powered heir: WhatMatrix.
Today we are happy to report that its community, formed…
November 18th, 2015
As you may have heard, Microsoft recently announced its “historical” partnership with Red Hat, something that a number of analysts already claimed as a milestone for both companies but especially for…
October 16th, 2015
Today Red Hat announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Ansible, provider of an IT automation tool popular especially within the developers’ community.
The acquisition is rumored…
October 12th, 2015
Dell today announced that it signed a definitive agreement to acquire EMC Corporation for a total of $67 billion, making it the largest ever acquisition in the technology industry so…
October 2nd, 2015
Red Hat announced its financial results for the second quarter of fiscal year 2016.
Total revenue for the second quarter ended Augus 31, 2015 was $504 million, with an increase…
September 21st, 2015
Citrix on its website announced that it started the End-of-Life process of Citrix XenClient Enterprise, the end of life date will be December 12, 2016.
XenClient consists of two technologies,…
September 9th, 2015
Altaro Software, company specialized in backup for virtualized environments, specifically Microsoft Hyper-V, announced the release of Altaro VM Backup, previously known as Altaro Hyper-V Backup, rebranded to introduce VMware…
September 9th, 2015
CloudPhysics, provider of a SaaS performance and capacity analytics solution, announced to have released a new version of its SaaS offering allowing now VMware users to preempt and eliminate…
September 2nd, 2015
During its annual VMworld conference held between August 30 and September 3 in San Fransicso VMware made several announcements. During the keynote on Monday several data center related announcements and…
August 25th, 2015
VMware today released version 12 of its type-2 client hypervisor products for Microsoft Windows: Workstation Pro and Player and version 8 of its client hypervisor products for Mac OSX: Fusion….