Yesterday, November 12, AMD announced AMD FirePro™ S10000, a server graphics card intended to be the most powerful and would be used for high-performance computing (HPC) workloads and graphics intensive applications.
The AMD FirePro S10000 is supposed to be the first ultra high-end card and would bring high performance computing and visualization to a variety of disciplines. With dual GPUs at work, it would be possible to experience high throughput, low latency transfers allowing for quick compute of complex calculations requiring high accuracy.
Its performance makes the server graphics card compatible for virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and workstation graphics deployments as it would be possible to process a large amount of information rapidly.
- Compute Performance: The AMD FirePro S10000 is the most powerful dual-GPU server graphics card ever created, delivering up to 1.3 times the single precision and up to 7.8 times peak double-precision floating-point performance of the competition’s comparable dual-GPU product. It also boasts an unprecedented 1.48 TFLOPS of peak double-precision floating-point performance3;
- Increased Performance-Per-Watt: The AMD FirePro S10000 delivers the highest peak double-precision performance-per-watt – 3.94 gigaFLOPS – up to 4.7 times more than the competition’s comparable dual-GPU product3;
- High Memory Bandwidth: Equipped with a 6GB GDDR5 frame buffer and a 384-bit interface, the AMD FirePro S10000 delivers up to 1.5 times the memory bandwidth of the comparable competing dual-GPU solution4;
- DirectGMA Support: This feature removes CPU bandwidth and latency bottlenecks, optimizing communication between both GPUs. This also enables P2P data transfers between devices on the bus and the GPU, completely bypassing any need to traverse the host’s main memory, utilize the CPU, or incur additional redundant transfers over PCI Express®, resulting in high throughput low-latency transfers which allow for quick compute of complex calculations requiring high accuracy;
- OpenCL™ Support: OpenCL has become the compute programming language of choice among developers looking to take full advantage of the combined parallel processing capabilities of the FirePro S10000. This has accelerated computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided engineering (CAE), and media and entertainment (M&E) software, changing the way professionals work thanks to performance and functionality improvements
The demands placed on servers by compute and graphics-intensive workloads continues to grow exponentially as professionals work with larger data sets to design and engineer new products and services, the AMD FirePro S10000, equipped with our Graphics Core Next Architecture, enables server graphics to play a dual role in providing both compute and graphics horsepower simultaneously. This is executed without compromising performance for users while helping reduce the total cost of ownership for IT managers.
blog comments powered by Disqus
virtualization.info Newest articles
April 23rd, 2015
VMware has released a paper titled: "VMware AlwaysOn Desktop Design Guide". The paper which contains 30 pages describes a high-availability solution for virtual desktops (VDI) and is based on View…
April 22nd, 2015
Microsoft has released a free ebook titled:"Microsoft System Center Operations Manager Field Experience". System Center Operations Manager provides the monitoring component as part of the Microsoft System Center Suite….
April 22nd, 2015
In February this year, VMware acquired Immidio including its products AppScriber and Immidio Flex+. Now VMware has rebranded the product as VMware User Environment Manager.
User Environment Manager is available…
April 21st, 2015
VMware yesterday announced to new projects, Project Photon and Project Lightwave. Project Photon is a Linux Operating System which is optimized to run on vSphere and capable of running what…
April 21st, 2015
Docker has released version 1.6 of its container virtualization solution, Docker Engine. Also updates for Registry, Compose, Swarm and Machine and a preview of a client for Microsoft Windows…
April 16th, 2015
Lately it’s been a busy time for Docker, after disclosing the availability of its orchestration tools and the acquisition of SocketPlane, the open-source project that automates the deployment of…
April 15th, 2015
Docker, provider of the Docker container virtualization platform has announced that it has raised $ 95 million in a series D funding round. The round was led by Insight…
April 14th, 2015
VMware has released a paper titled: "How VMware Mirage Complements and Extends Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager". The paper, which contains 28 pages details how VMware Mirage, VMware’s centralized image…
April 13th, 2015
VMware has released a paper titled: "VMware Horizon 6 Storage Considerations". The paper which contains 36 pages takes a close look at the most important questions and challenges that face…
April 8th, 2015
In October last year, Microsoft announced that support for Docker container virtualization in its next version of Windows Server through the Windows Server Containers technology. Today Microsoft announced several…
April 7th, 2015
Oracle last week announced the availability of a beta for version 5.0 of its type-2 virtualization platform VM Virtualbox. VM Virtualbox, which was originally developed by InnoTek became part of…
March 30th, 2015
Last week Microsoft announced new features for its Azure Backup solution. Azure Backup is a Microsoft solution which protects files and folders by providing multiple copies in multiple geographies….
March 30th, 2015
On March 25 Red Hat announced its financial results for the fourth quarter of 2014.
Total revenue for the first quarter ended February 28, 2015 was $464 million, with an increase…
March 25th, 2015
Oracle has released a new version of its virtualization platform VM Virtualbox. Version 4.3.26 is considered a maintenance release which can be installed on top of version 4.3. The update…