Veeam, provider of backup, replication and virtualization management solutions for VMware vSphere and Windows Server Hyper-V, announced a total bookings revenue growth of 43 percent in the third quarter of 2012 compared to Q3 2011. At the same time, the company reported to have gained 7.000 new customers and reached a total of 50,000 customers worldwide.
Highlights of the third quarter in the press release include:
- Customers – Veeam added 7,000 new customers in Q3 and reached the 50,000 customer milestone worldwide during the quarter.
- Awards – Veeam products and customers’ success were recognized with several awards at VMworld :
- Veeam Backup Free Edition won “Best Free Tool” from Virtualization Review
- Veeam customer Tiger Wheel & Tyre won “Best virtualization and server consolidation project” as well as overall “Best of Show” at VMworld Europe
- Veeam customer Catalent Pharma Solutions won “Best virtualization for disaster recovery project” at VMworld Europe for its use of VMware vSphere 4.1 and Veeam Backup & Replication
- Products – At VMworld Europe Veeam announced that Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 will be available in Q4 of this year. The new version will include new restore capabilities for Microsoft Exchange, and HP StoreVirtual VSA and LeftHand snapshots. Another significant addition is support for VMware vSphere® 5.1 and Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V, making Veeam the first vendor to support both new hypervisor platforms.
blog comments powered by Disqus
virtualization.info Newest articles
September 22nd, 2016
During Oracle OpenWorld 2016 the company released version 3.4.2 of its enterprise virtualization solution.
Oracle VM is available for both x86 and SPARC based processor architectures and uses the Xen hypervisor…
September 1st, 2016
Today was the last day of VMware’s flagship conference VMworld in Las Vegas, an highly controversial edition which left a good chunk of the audience disoriented if not properly disappointed….
August 11th, 2016
Last week Gartner updated its Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) for the year 2016. The Magic Quadrant for the year 2015 was released in May last year…
August 2nd, 2016
Ansible is one of the four main players in the automation market, younger then the well known Chef and Puppet, has been launched in 2013 in Durham, N.C. and acquired…
July 19th, 2016
Yesterday IBM announced its results for Q2 2016.
If we compare with the same quarter in 2015 earnings per share, from continuing operations, decreased 22%. Net income, from continuing operations,…
June 24th, 2016
Red Hat announced its financial results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2017.
Total revenue for the first quarter was $568 million, with an increase of 18% from the…
June 24th, 2016
Today Red Hat released in beta version 4.0 of its KVM-based virtualization platform Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV).
As a major release RHEV 4.0 ships a wide series of enhancements including:
June 21st, 2016
virtualization.info has been following WhatMatrix since its inception and, after 6 months since the website has been launched, we are happy to report that its community is growing and contributing…
June 21st, 2016
DockerCon 2016 began yesterday in Seattle with a number of announcements from Docker and key partners.
Here is a quick summary of the day:
Docker 1.12 with built-in orchestration: starting…
June 14th, 2016
Yesterday, Bellevue (WA) based company WinDocks, released a free edition of its homonymous port of the Docker daemon to Windows called WinDocks Community Edition.
The company, founded by a small…
May 12th, 2016
Containers’ security is one of the emerging topics in those companies moving this technology into production. A few small players emerged to compete exclusively in this portion of the…
May 3rd, 2016
RightScale is a Santa Barbara, CA based company, provider of a Software as a Service (SaaS) management solution that so far only supported standard Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud…
April 5th, 2016
Yesterday, Bellevue (WA) based company WinDocks, released version 1.0 of its homonymous Docker engine for Windows.
The company, founded by a small group of former Microsoft’s employees, rides Docker’s…
March 17th, 2016
LANDesk Software, founded in 1985 and headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah , provides systems management, security management, service management, asset management and process management solutions with a strong focus…