Veeam, provider of backup, replication and virtualization management solutions for VMware vSphere and Windows Server Hyper-V, announced a total bookings revenue growth of 43 percent in the third quarter of 2012 compared to Q3 2011. At the same time, the company reported to have gained 7.000 new customers and reached a total of 50,000 customers worldwide.
Highlights of the third quarter in the press release include:
- Customers – Veeam added 7,000 new customers in Q3 and reached the 50,000 customer milestone worldwide during the quarter.
- Awards – Veeam products and customers’ success were recognized with several awards at VMworld :
- Veeam Backup Free Edition won “Best Free Tool” from Virtualization Review
- Veeam customer Tiger Wheel & Tyre won “Best virtualization and server consolidation project” as well as overall “Best of Show” at VMworld Europe
- Veeam customer Catalent Pharma Solutions won “Best virtualization for disaster recovery project” at VMworld Europe for its use of VMware vSphere 4.1 and Veeam Backup & Replication
- Products – At VMworld Europe Veeam announced that Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 will be available in Q4 of this year. The new version will include new restore capabilities for Microsoft Exchange, and HP StoreVirtual VSA and LeftHand snapshots. Another significant addition is support for VMware vSphere® 5.1 and Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V, making Veeam the first vendor to support both new hypervisor platforms.
blog comments powered by Disqus
virtualization.info Newest articles
July 19th, 2016
Yesterday IBM announced its results for Q2 2016.
If we compare with the same quarter in 2015 earnings per share, from continuing operations, decreased 22%. Net income, from continuing operations,…
June 24th, 2016
Red Hat announced its financial results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2017.
Total revenue for the first quarter was $568 million, with an increase of 18% from the…
June 24th, 2016
Today Red Hat released in beta version 4.0 of its KVM-based virtualization platform Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV).
As a major release RHEV 4.0 ships a wide series of enhancements including:
June 21st, 2016
virtualization.info has been following WhatMatrix since its inception and, after 6 months since the website has been launched, we are happy to report that its community is growing and contributing…
June 21st, 2016
DockerCon 2016 began yesterday in Seattle with a number of announcements from Docker and key partners.
Here is a quick summary of the day:
Docker 1.12 with built-in orchestration: starting…
June 14th, 2016
Yesterday, Bellevue (WA) based company WinDocks, released a free edition of its homonymous port of the Docker daemon to Windows called WinDocks Community Edition.
The company, founded by a small…
May 12th, 2016
Containers’ security is one of the emerging topics in those companies moving this technology into production. A few small players emerged to compete exclusively in this portion of the…
May 3rd, 2016
RightScale is a Santa Barbara, CA based company, provider of a Software as a Service (SaaS) management solution that so far only supported standard Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud…
April 5th, 2016
Yesterday, Bellevue (WA) based company WinDocks, released version 1.0 of its homonymous Docker engine for Windows.
The company, founded by a small group of former Microsoft’s employees, rides Docker’s…
March 17th, 2016
LANDesk Software, founded in 1985 and headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah , provides systems management, security management, service management, asset management and process management solutions with a strong focus…
March 15th, 2016
Last week open source giant Red Hat announced the availability of version 3.6 of its KVM-based virtualization platform Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV).
While this new release provides the expected…
March 4th, 2016
Yesterday Docker announced to have acquired a semi-stealth startup called Conductant, focused on workloads orchestration.
Both Conductant’s founders, Bill Farner and David Chung, have significant enterprise experience coming from…
March 1st, 2016
Today Cisco announced the intent to acquire CliQr Technologies Inc., a privately held company based in San Jose, CA.
CliQr is one of the most promising startups in the Cloud…
February 11th, 2016
Yesterday VMware announced version 7 of both its vCloud and vRealize suites, confirming its efforts to be relevant in the CMPs (Cloud Management Platforms) space.
vRealize Suite 7 is made…