With this release Hyper-V gains a 100% software storage abstraction layer with advanced storage capabilities becoming a storage hypervisor.
What Virsto has set as its goal is to improving storage utilization and performance providing VM storage self-provisioning, automated storage space reclamation and “high-performance” thin provisioning.
In the press release Virsto Software claims a potential 90% increase in existing physical storage utilization and up to a 99% acceleration in virtual machine provisioning and management saving up to 70% in storage costs.
The new product features include:
- Enhanced VMM support: Virsto now delivers enhanced support for Hyper-V and the Microsoft Systems Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) by provisioning Virsto vDisks within the existing VMM GUI and workflow. No scripting, seamless integration, 90 percent more storage utilization. Private and public cloud implementations can use this capability to enable instant self-service VM provisioning at extremely low cost.
- Bulk VM provisioning wizards: Virsto’s one-click VM provisioning option enables provisioning of the highest performance VHDs for new virtual machines in seconds not 20 minutes per VM that normal provisioning requires.
- Seamless backup and recovery: Virsto integrates transparently with Microsoft Data Protection Manager (DPM) and Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) functions to give customers seamless, automated backup and recovery.
- Advanced tiering for solid state and rotating storage: Virsto supports up to four distinct storage tiers, providing the most flexibility to manage business priorities, QoS, and costs for any hardware, allowing IT organizations to optimally utilize SSD, Fibre Channel, SAS, and SATA disks.
- Systems Center Operations Manager Management Pack: Virsto offers a new Systems Center Operations Manager Management (SCOM) pack that takes integration with Windows Server Hyper-V to the next level. Customers can deploy Virsto while they continue to manage the Hyper-V environment within native workflows.
blog comments powered by Disqus
virtualization.info Newest articles
June 24th, 2016
Red Hat announced its financial results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2017.
Total revenue for the first quarter was $568 million, with an increase of 18% from the…
June 24th, 2016
Today Red Hat released in beta version 4.0 of its KVM-based virtualization platform Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV).
As a major release RHEV 4.0 ships a wide series of enhancements including:
June 21st, 2016
virtualization.info has been following WhatMatrix since its inception and, after 6 months since the website has been launched, we are happy to report that its community is growing and contributing…
June 21st, 2016
DockerCon 2016 began yesterday in Seattle with a number of announcements from Docker and key partners.
Here is a quick summary of the day:
Docker 1.12 with built-in orchestration: starting…
June 14th, 2016
Yesterday, Bellevue (WA) based company WinDocks, released a free edition of its homonymous port of the Docker daemon to Windows called WinDocks Community Edition.
The company, founded by a small…
May 12th, 2016
Containers’ security is one of the emerging topics in those companies moving this technology into production. A few small players emerged to compete exclusively in this portion of the…
May 3rd, 2016
RightScale is a Santa Barbara, CA based company, provider of a Software as a Service (SaaS) management solution that so far only supported standard Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud…
April 5th, 2016
Yesterday, Bellevue (WA) based company WinDocks, released version 1.0 of its homonymous Docker engine for Windows.
The company, founded by a small group of former Microsoft’s employees, rides Docker’s…
March 17th, 2016
LANDesk Software, founded in 1985 and headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah , provides systems management, security management, service management, asset management and process management solutions with a strong focus…
March 15th, 2016
Last week open source giant Red Hat announced the availability of version 3.6 of its KVM-based virtualization platform Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV).
While this new release provides the expected…
March 4th, 2016
Yesterday Docker announced to have acquired a semi-stealth startup called Conductant, focused on workloads orchestration.
Both Conductant’s founders, Bill Farner and David Chung, have significant enterprise experience coming from…
March 1st, 2016
Today Cisco announced the intent to acquire CliQr Technologies Inc., a privately held company based in San Jose, CA.
CliQr is one of the most promising startups in the Cloud…
February 11th, 2016
Yesterday VMware announced version 7 of both its vCloud and vRealize suites, confirming its efforts to be relevant in the CMPs (Cloud Management Platforms) space.
vRealize Suite 7 is made…
February 11th, 2016
Platform9 solutions leverages a mix of SaaS and on premises Virtual Appliance to provide into supported environments capabilities typical of Cloud Management Platforms (CMPs) such self-service provisioning, monitoring, configuration…