With this release Hyper-V gains a 100% software storage abstraction layer with advanced storage capabilities becoming a storage hypervisor.
What Virsto has set as its goal is to improving storage utilization and performance providing VM storage self-provisioning, automated storage space reclamation and “high-performance” thin provisioning.
In the press release Virsto Software claims a potential 90% increase in existing physical storage utilization and up to a 99% acceleration in virtual machine provisioning and management saving up to 70% in storage costs.
The new product features include:
- Enhanced VMM support: Virsto now delivers enhanced support for Hyper-V and the Microsoft Systems Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) by provisioning Virsto vDisks within the existing VMM GUI and workflow. No scripting, seamless integration, 90 percent more storage utilization. Private and public cloud implementations can use this capability to enable instant self-service VM provisioning at extremely low cost.
- Bulk VM provisioning wizards: Virsto’s one-click VM provisioning option enables provisioning of the highest performance VHDs for new virtual machines in seconds not 20 minutes per VM that normal provisioning requires.
- Seamless backup and recovery: Virsto integrates transparently with Microsoft Data Protection Manager (DPM) and Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) functions to give customers seamless, automated backup and recovery.
- Advanced tiering for solid state and rotating storage: Virsto supports up to four distinct storage tiers, providing the most flexibility to manage business priorities, QoS, and costs for any hardware, allowing IT organizations to optimally utilize SSD, Fibre Channel, SAS, and SATA disks.
- Systems Center Operations Manager Management Pack: Virsto offers a new Systems Center Operations Manager Management (SCOM) pack that takes integration with Windows Server Hyper-V to the next level. Customers can deploy Virsto while they continue to manage the Hyper-V environment within native workflows.
blog comments powered by Disqus
virtualization.info Newest articles
April 28th, 2015
VMware released the results about its growth for Q1 2015.
VMware, announced a total revenue growth of $1.51 billion, for an increase of 11 percent compared to Q1 2014. License revenues were…
April 23rd, 2015
VMware has released a paper titled: "VMware AlwaysOn Desktop Design Guide". The paper which contains 30 pages describes a high-availability solution for virtual desktops (VDI) and is based on View…
April 22nd, 2015
Microsoft has released a free ebook titled:"Microsoft System Center Operations Manager Field Experience". System Center Operations Manager provides the monitoring component as part of the Microsoft System Center Suite….
April 22nd, 2015
In February this year, VMware acquired Immidio including its products AppScriber and Immidio Flex+. Now VMware has rebranded the product as VMware User Environment Manager.
User Environment Manager is available…
April 21st, 2015
VMware yesterday announced to new projects, Project Photon and Project Lightwave. Project Photon is a Linux Operating System which is optimized to run on vSphere and capable of running what…
April 21st, 2015
Docker has released version 1.6 of its container virtualization solution, Docker Engine. Also updates for Registry, Compose, Swarm and Machine and a preview of a client for Microsoft Windows…
April 16th, 2015
Lately it’s been a busy time for Docker, after disclosing the availability of its orchestration tools and the acquisition of SocketPlane, the open-source project that automates the deployment of…
April 15th, 2015
Docker, provider of the Docker container virtualization platform has announced that it has raised $ 95 million in a series D funding round. The round was led by Insight…
April 14th, 2015
VMware has released a paper titled: "How VMware Mirage Complements and Extends Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager". The paper, which contains 28 pages details how VMware Mirage, VMware’s centralized image…
April 13th, 2015
VMware has released a paper titled: "VMware Horizon 6 Storage Considerations". The paper which contains 36 pages takes a close look at the most important questions and challenges that face…
April 8th, 2015
In October last year, Microsoft announced that support for Docker container virtualization in its next version of Windows Server through the Windows Server Containers technology. Today Microsoft announced several…
April 7th, 2015
Oracle last week announced the availability of a beta for version 5.0 of its type-2 virtualization platform VM Virtualbox. VM Virtualbox, which was originally developed by InnoTek became part of…
March 30th, 2015
Last week Microsoft announced new features for its Azure Backup solution. Azure Backup is a Microsoft solution which protects files and folders by providing multiple copies in multiple geographies….
March 30th, 2015
On March 25 Red Hat announced its financial results for the fourth quarter of 2014.
Total revenue for the first quarter ended February 28, 2015 was $464 million, with an increase…